Doctor Appointment and Getting out of the house

Tuesday I was able to get out of the house and shop with Remington. Some new parents don't take their newborn out much, but we have since he was a week old. I'm nervous about the H1N1 and seasonal flu, but a kid (and his mom) can't stay home all the time. We took a trip to Wichita to pick up Remington's birth announcements/ holiday card from the photographer. I love the card, it's so cute! I then finished my Christmas shopping and went home.

Wednesday, Remington had another doctor appointment. He now weighs 8 pounds 7.5 ounces. He's gained almost a pound in 2 weeks. He's still smaller than he should be at this point, but he's gaining well. His next appointment is January 4th (the day I go back to work- sadness). After the doctor appointment, I headed over to my parent's house. My mom watched Remington while I got a much needed haircut. I had major split ends and hadn't done anything with it since I got pregnant. After the haircut, my mom, brother, Remington, and I went to Hutchinson for Christmas shopping and for something to do. I'm so thankful for my family. They are helping a lot to keep me sane and watch Remington at a moments notice.

Thursday, yesterday, I spent the day at home alone again with Remington. I used the swing (until we had a poop blowout) and was able to get some things done around the house. I was good, emotionally, for most of the day until it was time to put Remington to sleep for the night. Landon had some errands to run and didn't get home until 9pm. That meant that I spent the entire day with Remington without a break. It wasn't hard, but it got to me at the end of the day.

This weekend, Landon's family is coming to our house for our Christmas celebration. We've been working to get the house ready, which isn't that difficult, except that I can't hardly get anything clean if I'm having to check on Remington or hold him all the time. We're ready for it though and the house just needs a quick run through to be finished.