To test or not to test

I told my main boss today the news. He was happy, as was my CFY supervisor. It turned out to be kind of a awkward time to tell them, though, due to the nature of the meeting that was scheduled anyway... They were happy though. Now I just have to tell the principals at all my buildings. I also took on 3 students for this summer. One on the other SLPs left during the year, and her kids missed a month of services. Parents were given the option of summer services, and three wanted it. So for three weeks in June, I'll see a couple more kids.

We just got back from the doctor's office for our monthly check up. We got to hear the heartbeat, and it sounds like everything is fine. B/P is fine and everything. She asked us today if we wanted to do the quad test. This test is just a blood test to check for risk of Down's Syndrome, Spina Bifida, or anencephaly. I don't have any of the risk factors for this test, it's just an option. We'll have to discuss it.
I wouldn't do it because: 1) You don't know for sure there's a problem, just a possibility. 2) You get to freak out the rest of the pregnancy and there's nothing you can do. 3) I wouldn't change anything if we found out there was a problem. 4) I think that we could handle a special needs child- I do work with them for a living.

I would find out because: 1) It's better to prepare now for any services the child would need. 2) You would know beforehand, vs. a newborn being rushed away because they come out and the doctors see the problem then. 3) You could begin the grieving process. 4) You could set up a support system and get help that the child might need.

So, I don't know what I'll decide.