Waiting for summer


Today, I had one of my most interesting parent meetings for a kid being diagnosed as autistic. Work has been stressful this year, but going well. I wanted to have a calm May, but from now 'til the end of the year I have at least two meetings a week! I'll be happy when the summer gets here, it'll be my first summer since high school, where I'll be free to do what I want. I plan to get a lot of things ready for the baby. I haven't told work that I'm pregnant yet- besides another teacher that I'm close to (we share a room in Lindsborg). I plan to wait until the end of year meeting with all the speech pathologists. I don't plan to tell any of my students this year-even the high schoolers. I'll just show up in August, at the beginning of my third trimester, and they'll have to figure it out. I'm nervous to tell the sped director and principals, but I'll get through it.

Landon and I found a great rockstar outfit to bring the baby home from the hospital in. Instead of those knit hats that all hospitals seem to give a newborn, our child will be a little rebel. Check out the picture-that's what our kid will wear. :)

2 comments:

I remember being a little nervous to tell my staff that I was pregnant too, both times. My awesome timing just happened that each time I had just started my job. If the people you work with are worth anything, they'll be excited for you. The school I am at now has been awesome, which is why I am no longer at my first school. Good luck delivering the news!

 

Thanks! At least it'll be my second year and I won't be on my temporary license. I know they can't get rid of me, and there's so many women, they're sure to be happy. We'll see what happens.